Turner Road Architecture is a busy, creative and technically strong architectural company based in the vibrant and ever-expanding town of Cambridge, NZ.
We are involved in the full spectrum of architecture including new residential homes, renovations and commercial projects. We’ve won a number of local and national design awards over the last few years and are looking for someone to be part of future success.
We strive to be the best at what we do and punch well above our weight. Consequently, we have a jam-packed workload with some great projects either underway or due to start.
Due to this expansion we need an Architectural Designer/Technician or Architect to join our hard working, dynamic team and have their say in this collaborative environment.
We‘re after an Intermediate to senior level architectural professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an architectural office who is committed to becoming an essential part of the Turner Road team and driving us to future success.
Our philosophy is that architecture is about the technical as much as it is about the design. We want someone who is interested in both. Technical drawings and documentation form the largest part of the job. We believe great technical documentation is the basis for great architecture so you will need to enjoy problem-solving and have a strong drive and interest of how buildings go together.
There are currently 4 architectural and 4 other staff members within the office and we’re an informal, friendly bunch. Our office is situated in semi-rural Cambridge in the heart of the Waikato, close to ski fields, lakes and beaches with world class rowing, cycling and other sporting facilities. Your pick of excellent schools, destination cafes and restaurants are also right on your doorstep.
Here’s a bit more about the attributes we’ll be looking for...
* Honest, hardworking, and diligent.
* Self-motivated and proactive.
* Have a team attitude and enjoy working collaboratively.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Professional personal presentation.
* Eagerness to learn and to extend your skills and knowledge base to become an integral part of our firm.
*Production of conceptual and fully detailed construction documentation for Council.
* Building and Resource Consent application.
* On-site work such as measure-ups for renovations, onsite queries etc.
* Liaison with all parties involved in the architectural process including clients, consultants and sub-contractors.
* It is our goal to have our staff involved in all aspects of the architectural process from design through to completion of the construction documentation. In return we ask that you work honestly and autonomously where required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Ideally working experience with AutoCAD or Revit or other industry standard CAD program. We currently use AutoCAD for construction documentation and Revit for modelling but are transitioning to Revit for both. So, Revit experience would help hugely in our transition and possibly be an additional role within the company you can take on to drive us forward.
* A minimum qualification of a Dip Arch Tech (or equivalent) or above.
* Working knowledge of the NZS 3604 and the NZ Building Code.
* The ability or interest in producing high quality and accurate construction documentation.
* You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
* Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply online by sending your resume, covering letter and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our website at www.turnerroad.co.nz
We look forward to hearing from you!
The TRA Team